Field Trips - Conduct & Guidelines, Ideas and Forms
Code of Conduct
Santa Barbara Christian Homesteaders, Inc. believes that the Bible is the inspired word of God, and that its authority should govern our behavior. We expect support group participants to conduct themselves according to the principles of Christian living set forth in the Bible*.
This Christian conduct should be evident in all areas of our lives. As Christian home educators, we should be especially careful in how we conduct ourselves before the world and our Christian brothers and sisters. Our choices in clothing should be honoring to self and sensitive to others.
As responsible Christian parents, we should be diligent in teaching our children to behave toward everyone in a manner worthy of our Christian calling. Our children should behave respectfully to their own parents, to parents within the SBCHI support group, and to other adults who are in a position of authority during SBCHI group-sponsored functions.
Parents are responsible for their own children’s behavior. Parents may, on occasion, remind other children within the group to refrain from behavior not in keeping with the Code of Conduct and the Guidelines for SBCHI activities.
The Santa Barbara Christian Homesteaders’ Code of Conduct governs all SBCHI support group functions.
*Biblical references that govern our behavior: Deuteronomy 4:1-2, 9; 6:1-2, 6-8, 11:18-21; Proverbs 22:6; Matthew 7:12; Romans 12; I Corinthians 10:31-11:1; Galatians 5:13-26; Philippians 2:1-5, 14-15; Colossians 3:17; II Timothy 3:16-17; I Peter 2:11-17
Guidelines for SBCHI Activities
1. Be punctual as a courtesy to other members and our hosts.
2. Parents are responsible for their children’s behavior and safety for the duration of the gathering. This responsibility may be delegated to another parent if necessary. No drop-offs are allowed.
3. All field trip fees must be paid in advance and are non-refundable. If you need to cancel a field trip reservation, contact the field trip organizer immediately. You are still responsible for the ticket price unless you can arrange for someone else to take your place.
4. Dress should be modest and appropriate for the occasion.
5. Be respectful of both private and public property.
6. Please clean up after yourself at all events.
7. Thank the individuals who made the event possible.
Field Trip Ideas (click on link)
Field Trip Worksheet (click on link)